AX Construction is looking for a Financial Controller. The chosen candidate will report to the Chief Financial Officer and support the management team. This senior post requires an experienced hands-on person with integrity and strong leadership, organisational and communicative skills who can achieve results, handle work pressures well and meet targets. The ideal candidate will be expected to get involved in operational aspects of the organisation, inspiring staff and guiding them on best practice. The successful candidate needs to be a highly motivated team player with a very analytical mind and an eye for detail. Excellent IT skills and multitasking abilities are essential for the role.
- Manage, guide, develop and motivate the finance team members, set goals for them, oversee their performance, provide them with internal and external training and maintain a strong employee relationship
- Prepare and analyze the monthly financial statements and interpreting the figures
- Prepare year-end external financial reporting promptly in accordance with IFRS and ensure that all disclosures comply with such standards.
- Lead the Budget process with other Departments and prepare budgets, cash flows and forecasts.
- Ensure adherence to approved budgets, cash flows and forecasts.
- Monitor and plan cash resources and liquidity.
- Attend management meetings and present financial reports concisely and meaningfully to both financial and non-financial managers.
- Serve as a point of reference to other Heads of Departments, management, directors and staff.
- Compile statutory reports required by government and other regulatory bodies, like VAT Returns, tax returns etc.
- Cooperate with internal and external auditors to ensure proper compliance and efficient interim and year-end closures. Prepare and submit complete audit files, within pre-established deadlines, to external auditors. Document and ensure post-audit update of books with audit adjustments.
- Identify opportunities to improve and standardise processes, workflows and information systems.
- Implement meaningful internal controls to minimise risk exposure.
- Ensure that internal controls are updated and enhanced in accordance with business requirements.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Ensure that all reconciliations, including but not limited to bank & cash, VAT, intercompany, payroll and suppliers, are updated on a regular periodic basis.
- Perform any additional duties as may be required by the company from time to time.
- Applicants must be fully qualified and hold a degree in accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification like ACCA or similar
- Possess a warrant to act as a Certified Public Accountant
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of accounting systems like Vison, Sun will be considered an asset
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com