Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, and supporting the management team, this senior post requires an experienced hands-on person with integrity and strong leadership, organisational and communicative skills, who is able to achieve results, handle work pressures well, meet targets and stringent deadlines. The ideal candidate will be expected to get involved in operation aspects of the organisation, inspiring staff and guiding them on best practice. The person needs to be a highly motivated team player with a very analytical mind and with an eye for detail. He/She also needs to possess excellent IT skills and multitasking abilities.
- Managing, guiding, developing and motivating the finance team members, setting goals for them, overseeing their performance, providing them with internal and external training and maintaining a strong employee relationship.
- Preparing and analysing the monthly financial statements, and interpreting the story behind the figures.
- Preparing year end external financial reporting, in a timely manner in accordance with IFRS and ensuring that all disclosures comply with such standards.
- Leading the Budget process with other Departments and preparing budgets, cash flows and forecasts. Ensuring adherence to approved budgets, cash flows and forecasts.
- Monitoring and planning of cash resources and liquidity.
- Attending management meetings and presenting financial reports in a concise and meaningful manner to both financial and non-financial managers.
- Serving as a point of reference to management, directors and staff.
- Compiling statutory reports required by government and other regulatory bodies, like VAT Returns, tax
- Cooperate with internal and external auditors, to ensure proper compliance and efficient interim and year end closures. Preparing and submitting complete audit files, within pre- established deadlines, to external auditors. Documenting and ensuring post audit update of books with audit adjustments.
- Identify opportunities to improve and standardise processes, workflows and information systems.
- Implement meaningful internal controls to minimise risk exposure.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Ensure that all reconciliations, including but not limited to, bank, credit cards, cash, VAT, intercompany,income audit, payroll and suppliers, are updated on a regular periodic basis.
- Must be fully qualified and hold a degree in accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification like ACCA or similar
- Must possess a warrant to act as a Certified Public Accountant
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Have knowledge of local corporate tax law
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge on accounting systems like Vison, Sun will be considered an asset
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV, together with a covering letter to email@example.com