AX Hotels-Valletta properties are looking for a mature, responsible, and self-confident individual for the role of Rooms Executive. Leadership, assertiveness, good communication skills, handling pressure, and an outgoing personality are important attributes.
- Oversees department heads, as directed, and leads by example.
- Particularly oversees the Housekeeping, Front Office and Food and Beverage departments and guides accordingly.
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community
- Assists in the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, Budget and Goals Programmed to ensure on an ongoing basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability
- Ensures that records of the hotels’ inventory are accurately kept and written off items are recorded appropriately.
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Manages the functions of all hotel personnel through supervision of Housekeeping, Front Office and Food and Beverage department heads.
- Assists in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and determines and ensures execution of competitive programs as directed.
- Participates in conducting weekly inspections/audits and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by implementing preventive maintenance programs and future planning and management as directed.
- Assists in overseeing and directing the personnel function of the hotel, including coaching, counselling, training, performance appraisal and succession planning.
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with policy and procedures.
- In the absence of the General Manager and Operations Manager, assumes responsibilities as appropriate. Keeps the General Manager and the Operations Manager informed of any unforeseen events which may occur in his/her absence
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Excellent knowledge of the current trends in hospitality
- Motivator, a peoples’ person, an organizer and always at the forefront to ensure guests’ satisfaction.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a similar environment from which no less than 3 years in a similar role.
- Ability to promote the hotels and implement high service standards and introduce the culture of upselling and training in general.
- Be a leader with a high level of managerial and training skills and the ability to motivate and guide co-workers.
- Has excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Have a flair for managing a busy operation.
- Willing to go the extra mile and be committed to ensuring that guests/clients receive a pleasant, efficient, and quality service.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org