The Clerk of Works will be responsible for inspecting the quality and safety of workers on construction sites and reporting back to senior managers and clients. They would be conducting regular site inspections and checking that building plans are being followed correctly. You would check that work is being carried out to the correct specifications, and legal, safety and environmental standards.
- Inspecting construction work and comparing it with drawings and specifications.
- Measuring and quality checking building materials.
- Identifying defects and suggesting ways to correct them.
- Monitoring progress and reporting to construction managers, architects, and clients.
- Keeping detailed records of work.
- Referring to plans and taking photographs of work, along with measurements and samples.
- Liaising with contractors, engineers, and surveyors.
- Checking that building regulations, health, and safety, legal and ecological requirements are met.
- Knowledge of building and construction.
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- Able to use your initiative patience and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Mathematics knowledge and analytical thinking skills.
- Able to analyze quality or performance.
- Able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft project is considered an asset.
Interested candidates need to send their CV to email@example.com