Overall responsibility and accountability for the Engineering function across the group, including all the Company’s various units. Management of people in the various maintenance teams and budgetary controls.
- Overall responsibility for Engineering activities across business.
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process.
- Take ownership of the engineering policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative engineering processes.
- Design systems and new installations together with the company’s consulting Engineers.
- Providing consultancy and technical support to the maintenance teams.
- Assisting in projects with value engineering and controls during construction stage, refurbishments and routine maintenance.
- Ensure any new equipment or engineering activity is supported with appropriate qualification documentation and that it is appropriately stored, ensuring up to date drawings are maintained appropriately.
- Ensure an efficient process for selection of external contractors, collaborate with purchasing and accounts teams to ensure all contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value.
- Be actively involved in the procurement process and technical evaluation of bids and offers.
- Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the CEO, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide leadership to maintenance departments of various units across the group and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and guests.
- Responsible for developing structured teams across all units, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables.
- Establish strategy and best practices for own teams to ensure achievement of overall business objectives, translate strategies into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives, including KPIs.
- Coach, train and mentor staff.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, including capital expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
- Prepare and discuss project briefs with the executive management team.
- Work with the rest of the executive team to decide which engineering projects are the highest priority against the business targets and which can be executed with the available resources.
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising costs
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on engineering activities.
- A Qualified Engineer, in possession of an MBA or equivalent (in Management) would be considered an asset.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar senior position.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Fluent in both Maltese and English language
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV, together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org