AX Hotels-Sliema properties are looking for an Assistant Events Manager. The role’s primary responsibilities include assisting in managing and leading the Events department whilst ensuring the highest possible efficient and personalised service to the clients, including the organisation happening in-house and outside the premises.
- Coordinate and supervise all events happening in-house.
- Provide all information and guidance for the client to obtain accurate event specifications.
- Conduct pre and post-event meetings with clients, including hosting and show rounds of the hotel’s venues.
- Responsible for the hotels’ participation at the annual Weddings Fair and any other ‘open days’ happening at the hotels’ venues.
- Issue Event Quotes and follows up accordingly.
- Issue Event Orders to be distributed to all relevant department heads.
- Issue Event Contracts.
- Compilation of Reports.
- Coordinate all details for the organisation of upcoming events.
- Monitor event billing in liaison with the accounts department.
- Ensure that clients and guests receive a pleasant and efficient personalised service.
- Ensure administrative work is up-to-date and maintain updated records in the operating system.
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication and effective relations with colleagues and clients.
- Ensure that a high standard of liaison is maintained with all departments.
- Ensure a proactive sales attitude and be aware of sales opportunities outside and within the hotel.
- Upsell on rooms, F&B and any other revenue-generating product.
- Stay updated on the markets’ needs, trends and behaviour changes to adopt proactive and not reactive strategies.
- Actively contribute towards achieving Revenue Plan objectives.
- Prepare regular detailed statistics, forecasts and comparison reports.
- Coordinate all marketing and sales efforts relating to Events & Banqueting promotions.
- Ensure to meet the hotels’ customer service standards profitably.
- Leadership Skills
- Computer Literate
- Outgoing personality and smart appearance
- Academic qualifications relevant to the post
- Fluency in English and another European Language
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Hospitality experience will be considered an asset
- 2 years experience in a similar position
The successful individual must also be mature, responsible, very well organised and highly self-confident. Assertiveness, good communication skills, the ability to handle pressure and an outgoing personality are all essential attributes for this position.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com