To ensure that clients and guests receive a pleasant and efficient personalized service, through constant co-ordination with other departments so as to ensure the propee welfare of guests when in-house.
- Ensures administrative work is up-to-date and maintains updated records in the operating system.
- To develop and maintain a high level of communication and effective relations with colleagues and clients.
- To ensure that a high standard of liaison is maintained with all departments.
- To ensure a pro-active sales attitude and to be aware of sales opportunities outside and within the hotel.
- Assist to upsell on rooms, F&B and any other revenue generating product.
- Staying updated on the markets’ needs, trends and behavior changes in order to adopt proactive and not reactive strategies.
- To actively contribute towards achieving Revenue Plan objectives.
- To ensure that all refused business is recorded with reasons of refusal.
- To monitor customer feedback.
- To collect information and build a database of guests’ (bookers and residents) history.
- To co-ordinate events happening in-house
- Ensure to meet the hotels’ customer service standards, in a profitable manner.
- Provide all information and guidance for the client in order to obtain accurate event specifications.
- Conduct pre and post event meetings with clients including hosting and showgrounds of the hotel’s venues.
- Co-ordinate promotions sent to our e-mail database.
- Participate at the annual Weddings Fair and any other ‘open days’ happening at the hotels’ venues.
- Issue Event Quotes and follow up accordingly.
- Produce Event Orders to be distributed to all relevant department heads.
- Co-ordinate all details for the organization of upcoming events (ex. Welcome boards, personalized menus, table place names, table plans etc.)
- Monitor event billing in liaison with the accounts department.
- Possess a basic knowledge of: audio/visual equipment operation, conference and banqueting set-ups, food and beverage know how.
- Developing new contacts with business suppliers and consolidating with all other bookers.
- Ensuring that the Hotel’s overall standards are retained.
- To be aware of and adhere to the department’s and hotel’s policies and procedures.
- To assist in all aspects of the Hotel operation.
- At least have a minimum of 1 year selling/organizing weddings/social events
- Very well organised and smart in appearance.
- Be fluent in Maltese, English and another European language
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience and exposure in a hotel and/or F&B environment will be an advantage
- Computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge of Opera Sales and Catering will be an advantage
- Have strong negotiation, communications, inter-personal and presentation skills
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays
Interested candiates are to send their CV to email@example.com