We are looking for a highly motivated, meticulous and responsible team player with strong leadership and goal-oriented skills to join a dynamic and challenging industry. The role relates to assisting the Head of Finance in supervising and analysing the AX Hotels Business Unit and Centralised Functions.
- Assist in the supervision and direction of the centralised finance department.
- Carry out general accounting duties such as data entry.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, reconciliations and reports to the auditors for AX Hotels Business Unit and Centralised Functions.
- Be responsible for the compilation of budgets and all other financial reports as may be required.
- Review the centralised payroll function throughout the month, whilst be responsible for reviewing and checking all wages and salaries done at the end of the month.
- Supervise and control the department’s activities and getting directly involved in solving any problems that may crop up.
- Look for ways to improve the present systems and solve any system issues that may arise from time to time.
- Seek and follow the advice of superiors when this is deemed necessary whilst liaising with managers on matters that require guidance.
- Ascertain that all matters regarding finance remains confidential.
- Assist in the motivation of all the finance staff and to their career development and training.
- Deal with miscellaneous enquiries from other units from AX Hotels and AX Group.
- Comply with company policies whilst ensuring that all the team members do.
- Assist and meets any other requirements as directed by the Head of Finance or the Chief Financial Officer.
- Smart, mature and of professional disposition
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in accounting packages is a necessity
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Fluent in both Maltese and English language
- Minimum 1-year experience in a similar position
- Able to work flexible hours
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent. Candidates in the final stages of their qualification (such as ACCA) will also be considered.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org