This is a unique opportunity to work in a professional environment; in one of the best fine dining venues in Malta, Under Grain, a one Michelin star restaurant which is part of the AX Group Privilege brand. A rear chance to join a talented team in which you will be challenged to learn and develop your skills through persistence to achieve perfection. You will be involved not only in the day to day operation but in the preparation and delivery of exclusive high-end events with no equivalent on the island.
- Prepares requisitions for food and beverages, disposables, cleaning material and tableware to ensure all items are properly stocked
- Ensure the highest level of service is given throughout. Monitors guests feedbacks and ensures remedies
- Achieves budgeted gross profit on food and beverage and retains wages and other expenditure in the budgeted proportion to revenue
- Collaborates with the Executive Chef hef to plan and develop themes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers
- Leads by example, stressing attention to detail. Cares and be efficient in giving the personal service to the guest, sales awareness and personal initiative.
- Focuses on all presentation in all matters relating to food and beverage and ensures a flow of creative ideas.
- Ensures a high technical and stylish level of food and beverage service by smart, alert,well trained and highly motivated staff.
- Establishes high standards of behaviour in dealings with guests and staff.
- Ensures a consistently high standard of skills by a smart, alert, properly managed and highly motivated staff.
- Ensures ongoing planned training, to develop staff to their full potential.
- Co-operates and forms a team with other members of management and be supportive and loyal to the company.
- Takes environmentally friendly initiatives such as using recycling paper for internal use.
- Excellent food and beverage background, with a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a fine dining environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in fine dining management
- Have managerial and training skills to be able to motivate and train a team of co-workers
- A warm and engaging personality with high level of confidence and passion for hospitality
- Exceptional personal presentation and grooming
- Excellent communication skills in English language; another European language will be considered as an asset
- Willing to go the extra mile and be committed to ensure that guests/clients receive a pleasant, efficient and high level of service
- Have a flair for managing a busy operation and lead by example
- Good computer skills with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrates eye for detail in all aspects of the role
- Willingness to work under pressure
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed C.V. together with a covering letter to email@example.com