Provides functional assistance and direction to the Front Office operation as assigned.Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the Hotel including but not limited to travel industry representatives, competitors, suppliers,contractors and others members of the local community.
- To know the standards and put them into practice in his/her daily work, thus actively pursuing the hotel’s objectives.
- To become familiar with all work sequences within the Front Office / Concierge Department. To take
full control of the lobby area and port couche.
- To be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and co-responsibility for appropriate
treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints.
- Maintain regular contact with in-house guests.
- To be familiar with all room types and the room facilities.
- To ensure smooth day to day running of the operation.
- To attend all departmental meetings.
- To assist Front Desk Agent / Porter with their duties.
- To be flexible in working hours according to the department requirements.
- To promote inter-Hotel sales and in-House facilities.
- To participate in any training courses deemed necessary and put the skills learned, into practice.
- To inspect front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness.
- To carry luggage to and from guest rooms
- To assist in loading and unloading luggage to and from vehicles.
- To ensure efficient communication between all departments and uniformed services.
- To provide transportation and other services offered by the Hotel which require outside assistance.
- To arrange car rentals,tickets, faxes, and all guest rentals.
- To provide guests with information on outside facilities.
- To cover Doorman duties.
- Arrange to meet guests at airport when necessary.
- To be responsible for receipt, storage, of luggage for guests.
- Have an understanding of Opera.
- Arrange for outside errands requested by guests. Handle all guests’ services, such as mail, keys, postage, messages, courier packages and paging.
- Ensures that the standard telephone procedure is adhered to.
- Outgoing personality and smart appearance
- Secondary Level of Education
- Fluent in English and any other European language
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Flexible in hours
- Previous experience and knowledge about Malta and its history will be considered an asset
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed C.V. together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org