To take full responsibility for the running of a particular section of the kitchen and to achieve the highest standards in the food service and upselling.
- To deputize in the Sous Chef’s absence and take charge of the kitchen when directed to do so.
- To ensure that any anticipate shortages are communicated promptly to the Sous Chef or the Head Chef.
- To ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity and served to the specifications set on the menu.
- To ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate or passé correctly garnished, the correct portion and size, presented on the prescribed serving dish in the presented manner.
- To ensure that junior cooks and trainees receive the right training and optimum guidance.
- To attend training courses and seminars as and when required.
- To work in all corners of the kitchen for further personal knowledge and improvement.
- To ensure that all sections of the kitchen, including storage areas are kept clean at all times.
- To maintain On Going “Clean as you Go” Practices. To take environmentally friendly initiatives.
- The Chef de Partie is welcome to come up with innovative ideas as regards to new menu dishes and/ or specialities.
- To ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- To be efficient, caring and friendly in all communications when dealing with guests and colleagues
- To strive to study management subjects in preparation for future advancement.
- Enhancing and maintaining the kitchen product by actively communicating with superiors.
- To be familiar with HACCP Standards and Health & Safety Regulations as stipulated by Law.
- To be proactive to the needs of the Kitchen operation, and anticipate any shortcomings.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents & accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the direct manager.
- Being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Head Chef.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com.