Being a direct link between the Head Chef & the Sous Chefs and his/her assigned production areas. Achieving the objectives through communication, organization and training.
- Ensuring that all safety and environmental protection regulations are followed.
- To ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to the team and then executed flawlessly.
- Ensuring all food is correctly prepared fresh, of the highest quality, to the correct recipe and in the correct quantity.
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus.
- Overseeing the kitchen staff as a middle manager.
- Being a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example.
- Ensures development of team members through on-going training. Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement.
- Ensuring that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed
- Ensuring that supplies and inventories are readily available.
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues.
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labelling.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar environment
- Team worker and takes initiative
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed C.V. together with a covering letter, to email@example.com.