AX Hotels are looking for a Chef Tournant. The primary responsibilities include assisting the Outlet Head Chef and the Sous Chefs in their daily tasks and providing overall guidance to the cooks.
- Ensure all food is correctly prepared fresh, of the highest quality, to the correct recipe and in the right quantity.
- Maintain an organized and efficient flow of production regarding changes in forecasts and menus.
- Oversee the kitchen staff as a middle manager.
- Be a “hands-on” supervisor who leads their team by example.
- Ensure development of team members through ongoing training. Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and encourage.
- Ensure that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed
- Ensure that supplies and inventories are readily available.
- Consistently check temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures regarding chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
- Check outlet(s) upon arrival to determine the status of outstanding safety or equipment issues.
- Check outlet(s) before leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labelling.
- Ensure that all safety and environmental protection regulations are followed.
- Ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to the team and executed flawlessly.
- Graduate courses in cooking and HACCP
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as chef in an a la carte setting
- Ability to manage and control other members of kitchen staff
- Ability to direct and plan food preparation
- Readiness to discipline any under-performing kitchen staff Ability to provide consistent food quality
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft tools
- Must have previous a la carte experience of at least 3 years in a continental kitchen; proven track record of leading a team;
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org