To assist with the preparation, service, ordering and control of food, cooked or uncooked, and ancillary items to agreed standards.
- To communicate
and report to all above seniors and supports them in the daily operation and work.
- To prepare meals or foodstuffs according to the menu specifications by the Chef de
- To ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- The commis chef has to know how to store food at the right temperatures.
- To assists in the kitchen preparation and the buffet service area.
- The commis chef must use his training given and make use of it on the place of work.
- The commis chef must have the ability to control a buffet service area and keeping
stocked and well presented at all times.
- To pack and wrap items for the outlet.
- The commis chef may serve as demi chef de partie in his absence.
- The commis chef is responsible for the cleanliness of his station .
- To maintain the hotel’s standards of health and safety.
- To control and check items of equipment and to control the food stock.
- The commis chef may work in various sections in the kitchens when assigned to them.
- The commis chef must present himself for work on time and well groomed .
- The commis chef must attend to all meetings and seminars as and when required.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures
- Being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Head Chef
- To be customer orientated
- Godd knoledge of English
Interested candidates are to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com