To assist with the preparation, service, ordering and control of food, cooked or uncooked, and ancillary items to agreed standards.
- To prepare meals or food items according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
- To ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with new products, recipes and preparation
- To assists in the kitchen preparation and the buffet service area
- To replace the Breakfast Chef in his absence
- The commis chef must have the ability to control a buffet service area and keeping stocked and well presented at all times
- To pack and wrap items for the outlet
- The commis chef is responsible for the cleanliness of his station
- To maintain the hotel’s standards of health and safety
- To control and check items of equipment and to control the food stock
- The commis chef may work in various sections in the kitchens when assigned to them.
- The commis chef must present himself for work on time and well groomed .
- The commis chef must attend to all meetings and seminars as and when required.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures .
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Head Chef
- To be customer orientated
- Good knowledge of English language
- Previous experience in a similar position will be considered as an asset
- Willing to work mornings only
Interested candidates are to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org