To provide an efficient, high-quality and cost-effective food service, including all food production in the hotel, functions and other outlets, budgets, menu development, purchasing, hygiene standards and staff supervision.
- Report directly to the Outlet Head Chef.
- Provide functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation as assigned.
- Coordinate functions and activities with the Food and Beverage and Events departments.
- Assist the Outlet Head Chef in supervising the overall kitchen employees, facilities, and costs to ensure the maximum Food and Beverage departmental profit is achieved.
- Assist the Outlet Head Chef in controlling and analysing:
– Quality levels of production and presentation including the staff canteen
– Guest satisfaction
– Merchandising and marketing
– Payroll and food costs
– Cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene
- Ensure optimum performance of all the above areas.
- Assist the Outlet Head Chef in the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationships.
- Conduct under the guidance of the Outlet Head Chef, such functions as interviewing, hiring, performance appraisal, coaching, counselling, and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Consult with the HR Manager, as appropriate, in performing the above duties.
- Develop formal training plans and conducts on the job training sessions for kitchen employees.
- Responsible for preparing menus and participates in the pricing policy in consultation with the Outlet Head Chef.
- Assist in liaising with the Purchasing Officer in determining the minimum food par stocks.
- Ensure the completion of the market list per quality and quantity standards.
- Inspect all perishable food items received for quality.
- Assist in keeping an up to date standard recipe file for all food items.
- Meet any other request given by the Outlet Head Chef or General Manager/Assistant General Manager.
- A good standard of education
- Fluency in the English language
- Previous working experience in this field
- Ability to work on their own initiative and take decisions when not supervised
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV to email@example.com