To assist with the preparation, service, ordering and control of food, cooked or uncooked, and ancillary items to agreed standards.
- Deputising in the Executive Sous Chef’s absence.
- To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
- To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- To assists and direct in avoiding wastage of food and theft from the kitchens.
- To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
- Communicating any special requirements regarding vip functions.
- To ensure that all maintenance problems are reported in a timely manner and followed up.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the direct manager.
- Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Safety. Being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar environment
- Team worker and takes initiative
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed C.V. together with a covering letter, to email@example.com