AX Hotels are looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their Sliema team. This position is under the general guidance and supervision of the Maintenance Manager, and will oversee and implement all entrusted maintenance activities and functions.
- To carry out regular inspections and examine for defects in building services, plant, equipment, installations, etc. and keep relative records.
- To carry out tests on building services, equipment, installations, etc.;including the use of test equipment and keep relative records.
- To perform preventive maintenance work and to carry out the necessary modifications on building services, equipment, installations, appliances, tools, etc. and keep relative records.
- To attend to faults and breakdowns of building services, equipment, installations, appliances, etc.
- To carry out fault identifications and localization and subsequent repair works on building services, equipment, installations, appliances, etc.
- To examine drawings, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine the appropriate method and subsequence of operations.
- To operate and maintain all machinery and equipment.
- To supervise contractors’ personnel carrying out maintenance, servicing or installation works, and ensure that work is carried out to standards acceptable by the company.
- To perform technical support to assist with the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of building services, equipment, installations, etc.
- To ensure that all operational, safety and security standards and regulations established by the company are adhered to at all times.
- To provide support to the rest of the staff of the Maintenance department as required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar environment
- Very well organized and analytical
- Wireman’s licence A
- Able to work on all kitchen area appliances, refrigeration and electrical equipment
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative
- Knowledge of Plant Room would be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English language
The selected candidate should possess leadership and good communication skills,assertiveness, ability to handle pressure, and a result driven personality.
A hands-on approach is required. Weekends and public holidays will also be part of the weekly schedule.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org