Purpose of this role within the Sales Department is maximizing revenue opportunities in the areas of corporate accommodation requirements, groups reservations, conferences and events by driving sales
leads and increasing conversions. The Sales Executive will interact frequentl with guests and customers with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business.
- Handling incoming enquiries with an aim to convert into sales.
- To maximize room occupancy and average rate through effective inventory management in accordance with both the hotel's business plan and the policies and procedures
- Conduct hotel inspection visits for potential bookings.
- Hosting of clients for lunches or dinners
- Constant follow ups and maintaining of client relationships – be it by phone, meetings at hotel or conducting office visits
- Ensuring that all enquiries, whether confirmed, lost or denied are recorded in the hotel property managing system (OPERA)
- Be fully conversant with the hotel’s corporate and group and conference rates, room availability, option dates and release periods
- To liaise and collaborate with the departments concerned to ensure a smooth running of the group’s operation
- Upselling where relevant
- Producing function sheets for the hotel’s operational team.
- Understanding competitors and have a good working knowledge of the market place,trends and opportunities.
- Issuing contract & pro forma invoices once the group is confirmed and recording them accurately
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in the hospitality sector
- Strong working knowledge of Groups and/or Corporate Segments
- Fluency in English and another European language
- Very well organized, analytical and smart in appearance
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Opera and its various reservations functions/reporting
Interested candidates are to send their detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org